Today has been a really tough day for the family.
Instead of dealing with that right now, though, I’m going to focus on two finished items.
This was the first Megan Nielsen pattern I tried – the Eucalypt Tank pattern. It’s a cute little tank top (or dress, though I haven’t tried that yet) and it whips up quite quickly, even with french seams.
The first version was made using a cotton print from JoAnn Fabrics. I made a straight size medium. I did French seams throughout, and used bias binding for the neck and arm holes. Overall, the fit is pretty good, though I’m not sure I love how the back looks on me.
Fortunately, I mostly wear tank tops with cardigans, so I’m not too concerned about the back.
For the second version, I used a quilting cotton from Pacific Fabrics.
Again, a straight size medium. This one just doesn’t seem to fit as well as the pink one, despite making them in exactly the same way. I think it must just be because this is a stiffer fabric than the other one.
I have a couple of other tank top patterns in my stash, so I’m going to keep trying to find that perfect wardrobe staple.
And here’s a bonus pic because this little guy didn’t want to be left out of the picture taking fun…