I have been sewing, despite my lack of posting. Eventually (maybe) I’ll get caught up… but, to be honest, I have found that hanging out with these guys is a bit more fun that hanging out on the computer in the evening… so maybe not.
Regardless, I do have a new make to show today. I made this back in November, and I’m really happy with how it turned out.
It’s the Cheyenne Tunic by Hey June. (Full disclosure, I tested this pattern before it was released – the only change made from this version to the final was to widen the hips 2 inches as the top was a bit too tight on most of the testers).
I made View A in the tunic length. I widened the hips a little on my version by making the seam allowances smaller, but that has already been changed with the pattern itself, as mentioned above.
The other changes I made were very small – I used floral accent fabric on the button band, collarstand facing, and sleeve tabs, and I used pearl snaps instead of buttons (so much easier and quicker!).
The fabric used was a chambray for the main fabric and a floral cotton shirting from Pacific Fabrics. I love the look of the fabric, but the chambray wrinkles like crazy! This shirt would be worn a lot except for that. I’m going to make another version of this top with a less wrinkly fabric. I also have a vision of this as a shirtdress and can’t wait to have that item hanging in my closet!
If you’re worried about making a button up top, Adrianna recently did a sewalong on the Hey June blog to walk you through all of the steps on how to make this top. So check it out here.